Wednesday 10 September 2014

Anyone still reading this or is it time to stop?

Great Wall carpark. Where are all the people? I sat under a tree in the middle of the carpark and read on my Kindle.

Boy, did my calves know about it the following day. Turns out the wall was a failure, keeping out neither the Mongols or the Manchus. Note the stunning weather my brother and his wife bring with them wherever they go.

The Supermarket check-out staff are getting younger every day. I bet this boy will be an accountant by the time he's 20. ( it's OK, his mum was on hand to help, and allowed me to take the photo.)

What's with these light poles? Is it decoration,Braille or code?

What young Beijingians do on the Subway. I am a Subway expert and can change lines. Actually it's easy as there are dual signs, Mandarin / English. There was a single mum with a tiny bub walking the corridors with a begging bag. I noticed people putting money in.

Me and my 'bro Don, hangin' out.

Off to X'ian on the high speed train tomorrow. May be eaten by Terracotta Warriors or Giant Pandas and never heard of again.

 

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm still reading and finding all your posts entertaining. Please keep posting! You can't leave me hanging, wondering about your encounters with pandas ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I am reading all your blog. Please don't stop!!!! And best wishes....Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I have 5 loyal followers, so just for you I will keep going!
    Thanks Folks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please, I am looking forward to the tour of china

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, don't stop. I never dreamed that I would see a photo of my Uncle and Auntie having a beer in China. Keep the posts coming. Please.

    ReplyDelete

Use anon or log in to your Google account