Saturday 6 September 2014

China, at last. Beijing. Smog, no smog, smog again.

Beijing. Some days the view from the 14th floor is clear and blue....this is not common.

More often it is like this. Sometimes worse. The Americans developed an App, which gives a 2 hourly update with a Do Not Go Outside rating.

I've been very bad about taking photos. Partly because I didn't go out for a couple of days. A combination of jet lag and living with a brand new baby, which is pretty exciting in itself without having to sight-see.

OK, let's confess, I was too scared to go out at first, in case I was eaten by dragons. In fact the traffic is better than Sydney , there are more trees, and today I RODE A BICYCLE to the Market! With my host.

My hostess took me to this totally hipster cafe for an iced coffee, to ease my Culture Shock. The following day she made me go by myself to have a pedicure, just for practice. Now I have blue toes.

I figure I could get around by myself on the subway and buses, but I won't be in Beijing long enough to really show off my skills.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Bravo re the biking and blue nails. Do keep one eye open for dragons still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beijing city is best in the world, This is a haven city and all kind of people are so an honest.
    Beijing China

    ReplyDelete

Use anon or log in to your Google account