Sunday 21 September 2014

Beijing Hipsters and a fast train to X'ian. Blog is Back!

Blog wasn't suspended on purpose. Once I left the shelter of a western apartment enclave, I couldn't open Bloggie or upload anything. The internet is China is extremely limited and restricted. And guess what, I left early, because I wasn't into China, but China got in to me....into my tummy,to be specific. Didn't seem much point sitting around a hostel room while my travel companions went to see the Pandas, I winged it home suddenly, so I'm going to give you the last few postings from the comfort of Perth. Watch out for retrospective post on Kilts.

Many Beijingers are cool dudes. There are noticeably few overweight people. So far. But they're working on it. KFC is in prominent positions, as is McDonalds, and various Chinese versions like Dicos.

 

 

These above pics were all taken in a tourist shopping hutong ( street) in Beijing. Most tourists are, of course, Chinese.

We caught the fast train to X'ian ( Shee-Ann). The Station is huge and impressive. I did not take a photo of the toilets.

 

The couple in the seats in front of us were very proud of their toddler. In fact, she made me give him a kiss when we were getting off! Poor child!

The fast train has a pointy porpoise nose. We were rather astonished by finding the smog did not stop at Beijing, but just followed along with us.

The train was comfortable and roomy and clean. And this was economy. First class was very plush. All much better than the Queensland Railway train I caught from Brisbane to Landsborough a couple of years ago, which smelt strongly of urine.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Kathy! What a way to finish your trip. So sorry to hear about your tummy and lack of pandas. We will have to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Use anon or log in to your Google account